What to expect when ​Moving to Hawai'i

State of Hawai'i Newcomers Guide
This guide is a great resource to help newcomers with a variety of information including, becoming a resident, registering your vehicle, getting a Driver's license etc. 

Moving to Hawai'i can seem overwhelming when looking at all the different factors, moving expenses, housing, cost of living and of course starting a new job! This website is meant to be a resource to help potential teachers and staff relocate to our islands.  


Please take a look at the different tips with links and if you need any help email us!

Shipping to Hawai'i

Horizon Lines

(877) 678-7447

Matson Navigation Company

(800) 4MATSON
(800) 462-8766

Financial Institutions
You will find that major national banks like Chase or Bank of America do not have locations in Hawai'i. Below are the four largest institutions in Hawai'i:

American Savings Bank

Bank of Hawai'i

Central Pacific Bank

First Hawaiian Bank

Please note that there are also many credit unions that you may be eligible to join. 

Each of our schools has a vastly different community, school culture, housing and different living need.


For specific information related to each school, please click the links below.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


  1.  mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or

  3. email: program.intake@usda.gov.


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.